We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Home insurance covers you against the cost of repairing your home if damaged, or replacing your contents and personal possessions if lost, stolen or damaged.

For most of us, our home is our most important asset and it is vital to ensure that it is appropriately insured. The rise of one size fits all, cheap home insurance policies has led to many people incorrectly insuring their property and leaving themselves exposed in the event of a claim.

We have access to many products meaning we can compare cover to ensure you obtain suitable home insurance for your needs.

  • Comprehensive buildings and contents cover
  • Worldwide personal possessions cover available
  • In-house dedicated claims team
  • Option to include additional covers e.g. accidental damage, home emergency, family legal protection, key cover, excess protection

The S-Tech Difference

The S - Tech Difference

At S-Tech we recognise that no two homes are the same. With friendly and truly independent professional advice we will guide you through the home insurance process.

We can provide expert guidance on buildings and contents valuations, and with access to a wide panel of insurance partners we can ensure you have the right policy tailored to your individual requirements often with delegated authority for claims meaning we can ensure a smooth and quick claims process should a claim occur.

Home Insurance in detail

Our Home insurance can provide the following:

  • Building insurance Cover for your property for repair or rebuild following a claim e.g. fire, flood, storm, escape of water, theft and malicious damage
  • Contents insurance Covers damage or theft of contents within your property
  • Accidental damage insurance Extra cover for accidental damage e.g. spilling wine on carpets, foot through ceiling, drilling through pipework
  • Personal belongings Cover for personal belongings whilst being worn or carried away from the home e.g. watches, clothes, electronics etc
  • Contents in the garden Cover for items in the garden e.g. garden furniture, ornaments, BBQ's etc. Normally limited to £1,000
  • Family legal cover Cover for legal expenses for a variety of legal disputes e.g. personal injury, consumer disputes, boundary disputes, personal tax investigations
  • Alternative accommodation Cover for alternative accommodation in the event your property is uninhabitable following a claim

Key points

When obtaining homeowners insurance quotes it is important to compare on a like-for-like basis. Many of the companies that promise cheap home insurance will do so by stripping out covers and applying large excesses and low limits leaving limited cover.

When stating the sum insured for your buildings it should be for the estimated rebuilt cost of the property rather than the market value. Providing a correct sum insured will mean you do not pay inflated premiums.

If there are any change in circumstances for your property (e.g. undertaking renovation or letting out rooms) you should let your insurance provider know as claims may be invalidated if they are unaware. If in doubt, speak to an expert.


  • There is no legal requirement to purchase Home Insurance, however if there is a mortgage on the property there may be a stipulation from your mortgage company that you must have buildings insurance in place.

  • No, you will be able to change your existing policy unless there are any adverse risk issues with your new property (e.g. flood area, thatch, unusual construction).

  • Unless the un-occupancy extends over 30 days there is not an issue, even then 60 days un-occupancy is often acceptable, but beyond 60 days would lead to restrictions in cover.

  • Anything you take with you when you leave the house on a day to day basis or if you are away for an extended period of time. This includes clothing, footwear, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, sunglasses, jewellery, watches etc

  • Previous insurance documents or any documents relating to the purchase (mortgage valuation) of your property may contain the sum insured. If you cannot access these you can go to a calculator devised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to help with sums insured.  Alternatively seek professional advice from an qualified building surveyor.

  • There is no set criteria for high net worth as the definition is extremely subjective. Our insurance experts will advise you on the best products for you based on your circumstances.

  • No, it’s absolutely free to obtain a quote for your home insurance. We can compare home insurance quotes for you and will suggest the best option for your personal needs.

Get in contact

Speak directly to our team
01223 445918
Send an enquiry Send an enquiry
Send an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
  • if applicable