We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Buying a second home or holiday home in the UK is pretty straightforward, but if you are considering buying abroad you will need good overseas holiday home insurance to protect your investment. Buying good holiday home insurance locally can pose real problems due to the differences in language, law and culture.

Whether your holiday home insurance is for your holiday home overseas or second/holiday home here in the United Kingdom we will tailor a policy to meet your requirements.

  • Specific products for holiday homes/second homes
  • Cover for UK and selected overseas countries
  • Cover for own use or rental

The S-Tech Difference

Games developer insurance s-tech difference

Whether your property is a short term holiday let investment or a secondary residence for you and your family we understand the differing requirements. Providing expert independent advice on finding the right insurance we will work with you to tailor products to your needs. Working with established insurers we can provide specific products designed for holiday homes.

Holiday home insurance in detail

Holiday home insurance products can cover the following:

  • Building covers Cover for your property for repair or rebuild following a claim e.g. fire, flood etc.
  • Contents cover Covers damage or theft of contents within your property.
  • Property Owners Liability Liability cover in the event of accidents on your property to guests or visitors for which you are liable.
  • Emergency travel expenses Cover if you need to get to your property in an emergency.


  • A holiday home or second home is defined as a residential property that is not your main residence whether commercially let or for own occasional use. Generally speaking, if there are long periods of time where there’s no occupancy this would be classified as a holiday home.

  • We can cover the UK and Southern Ireland as well as Spain, France, Southern Cyprus, Bulgaria, Portugal, Greece and Italy. Although certain areas may have restricted perils for local risks, e.g. Earthquakes in Italy and Greece.

  • Holiday home insurance will provide the same levels of cover, a standard home insurance does (such as damage caused by fire, lightning, theft, escape of water etc.) It will also include any periods when the home is unoccupied. It is recommended accidental damage cover is included, after all guests aren’t always as careful as the owners.

  • We have access to a number of providers and being independent means we can choose the best policy for your requirements.

  • Yes you can, to ensure you are covered on the correct basis just call us.

  • Yes, you are still covered as owner of the property. In addition if you stop letting the property your premiums may also reduce.

  • Generally, Public Liability cover will be included as standard within your policy. It is worth paying a higher premium to include both Employers’ Liability cover (for people employed at your property, such as a cleaner or gardener) and Legal Expenses cover, if they’re not already included within your policy.

  • Generally, insurers do require a re-build cost for the property. If you are not sure of this, you can access a re-building cost calculator devised by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to help you.

Get in touch

Speak directly to our team
01223 445918
Send an enquiry Send an enquiry
Send an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
  • if applicable