We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Home Personal Landlord Insurance Landlord Insurance Landlords Buildings and Contents Insurance

Buildings and Contents Insurance for landlords will protect your buy-to-let properties. Your rental properties could be one of your largest assets and should have correct insurance cover in place. Our parent company Alan Boswell Insurance Brokers is well-placed to help protect your property contents and building. Get the right insurance policy for your home.

Our Buildings and Contents Insurance for landlords covers

  • Wide-ranging and comprehensive cover
  • Unique products
  • In-house claims team
  • £5 million Property Owners Liability

The Alan Boswell Group Difference

The S - Tech Difference

We are one of the country’s leading suppliers of buy-to-let insurance schemes. Having worked with landlords for more than 30 years, we understand the buy-to-let sector and the challenges landlords face. Our experience and credibility within the industry means that we have been able to develop unique propositions, harnessing our buying power and expertise. It’s from this standing that we are able to deliver first-class independent advice, tailoring insurance products to your individual circumstances.

Landlord Buildings and Contents Insurance in detail

Landlord Buildings and Contents Insurance encompasses a wide range of covers, including:

  • Buildings Cover for rebuild or repair of your building following an event e.g. flood or fire.
  • Contents Cover for loss or damage to your contents within your property.
  • Loss of rent Loss of rent cover following your rental property becoming uninhabitable after a claim OR Alternative accommodation costs for your tenants due to your property becoming uninhabitable after a claim e.g. flood, fire etc.
  • Property owners liability Protection for landlords against their legal liability for personal injury or property damage suffered by third parties arising from your rental property.
  • Employers' liability Employers' Liability cover for cleaners, gardeners, caretakers and persons doing minor maintenance and repairs.
  • Unoccupied Full cover for up to 90 days unoccupancy between tenancies.
  • Malicious damage by tenants Full cover for malicious damage caused by your tenants to your property.

When comparing policies, make sure you compare on a like-for-like basis. Many companies claiming to offer cheap insurance will do so by limiting cover and increasing excesses.

Most insurance policies will have terms and conditions requiring you to have an Assured Short Term Tenancy Agreement (AST) in place, regardless of whether you are letting to your friends, family or strangers.

For landlords that have 5 properties or more a specialist landlord insurance for multiple properties (by Alan Boswell Group) is required.


  • Yes, you can increase excesses to obtain a discount.

  • Yes, you can add and remove properties throughout the year. Our insurance experts will take the time to understand your future plans and advise on the best products to fit these plans.

  • While we recommend tenant referencing, it is not a requirement of our landlords buildings and contents insurance products. If you want to buy Rent Guarantee and Landlord Legal Expenses then you will need to reference your tenants.

  • Premiums can go up and down and there are many factors that will affect this. As we are independent we are not tied to any insurance provider and will ensure you have the best value and quality products at each renewal.

  • Landlord insurance is not a legal requirement, however there are circumstances where you will be required to have it. Firstly, it maybe a prerequisite of a mortgage offer that you hold valid Landlord Insurance for the length of your mortgage. Secondly, if you directly employ a cleaner or handyman for your property or portfolio then you may require employers’ liability. Again our insurance experts will take the time to understand your circumstances and advise you of your legal obligations.

  • Yes, students and tenants on housing benefits can be accepted on to your insurance policy.

Get in touch

Speak directly to our team
01223 324233
Get a quote Get a quote
Get a quote
Send an enquiry Send an enquiry
Send an enquiry
Landlords Insurance enquiry
Landlords Insurance enquiry
  • Contact Details

  • Enquiry Details