We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Home Personal Landlord Insurance Landlord Insurance

As one of the leading suppliers of landlords’ insurance in the UK, we can advise you what cover is needed. We’re determined to ensure that our customer service levels continue to set us apart from the competition.

  • Malicious Damage cover included as standard
  • Cover for HMOs and student lets

Get your landlord insurance quote

Landlord insurance quote

The S-Tech Difference

The S - Tech Difference

We are specialists in the property sector and understand the differing requirements. With our own landlord insurance products managed in-house, we provide a unique service, with pricing, underwriting and claims primarily managed by us.

Our highly skilled individuals will walk you through the process and find you the right cover at the right price.

Landlords Buildings and Contents Insurance

Landlord Home Emergency Cover

Rent Guarantee Insurance

Tenant Referencing

Landlord Insurance in detail

Our considerable purchasing and negotiating power means we can offer extremely competitive buy-to-let landlord insurance policies that cover a wide range of property risks.

  • ‘All risks’ material loss or damage to buildings and/or contents.
  • The ability to include occupation by students and Housing Benefit tenants at no extra charge.
  • Cover for costs of rehousing a tenant, following insured damage to the property.
  • Loss of rent cover for up to 30% of the building sum insured, following insured damage to the property.
  • Property Owners’ Liability cover up to £5,000,000 indemnity any one incident (restricted to £2,000,000 for terrorism).
  • Employers’ Liability cover up to £10,000,000 indemnity for any one incident for cleaners, gardeners, caretakers, and persons doing minor maintenance and repairs. (restricted to £5,000,000 for terrorism).
  • Cover for unoccupied properties up to 60 days from being first insured or 90 days between lets subject to certain conditions.

Landlord Insurance products and add-ons

Dependent on the type of landlord you are there is a variety of products available:

Landlords Buildings and Contents Insurance

Landlord Buildings and Contents Insurance for landlords covers the rental property and relevant contents within the property.

Read more
Rent Guarantee Insurance

Provides insurance for non payment of rent in the event of a tenant defaulting as well as any landlord legal expenses cover of up to £100,000.

Read more
Landlord Legal Expenses Insurance

Provides cover for your rental property, including repossession of property and other legal disputes.

Read more
Tenant Referencing

Referencing of tenant(s) employment history, tenant history, identity and credit history and affordability.

Read more
Landlord Home Emergency Cover

Landlord Home Emergency Cover for your own or rental property in the event of a domestic emergency e.g. boiler breakdown, failure in utilities etc.

Read more


  • We accept self-contained dwellings let to single occupants, couples, bed-sit accommodation with shared facilities and houses in multiple occupations (HMOs). We can also insure most commercial and part-commercial let properties at competitive rates.

    Quotations for commercial let properties are not currently available online, please phone or email us. Hostel and B&B type properties, care homes, nursing homes and properties catering for specific disadvantaged, vulnerable or problem occupants cannot be insured on the scheme policies, but we may be able to offer a quotation on an individual basis.

  • Occasional claims are acceptable at normal terms. When you request an online quotation you will be asked for details of relevant claims.

  • No, such items are automatically included within the definition of ‘buildings’ in our landlords’ policies. There is no need to arrange separate landlords’ contents insurance in these circumstances.

  • You can get guidance on rebuilding costs at the BCIS website, but you should seek professional advice if unsure of the correct figure. We can assist you with calculating rebuilding values for straightforward properties.

  • You are covered for legal liability to third parties up to £5 million for any one incident.

  • Providing that your tenancy agreement is directly with the tenant, unemployed persons, students, and those receiving housing benefit/allowance are all acceptable.

  • Full cover will operate for a period of up to 90 days, subject to you taking certain precautions. Please refer to the Summary of Cover or Specimen Policy Wording for precise details of the precautions.

Get in touch

Speak directly to our team
01223 445918
Get a quote Get a quote
Get a quote
Send an enquiry Send an enquiry
Send an enquiry
Landlords Insurance enquiry
Landlords Insurance enquiry
  • Contact Details

  • Enquiry Details