We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Home Business Business Insurance Property Commercial Property Insurance

Commercial property is everywhere you look, whether a shop, office block, factory or leisure complex. While many businesses will own the premises they operate from, many will not and the insurance requirements for the buildings are picked up by the commercial property owner. There are major differences between how residential and commercial property insurance is arranged and it is essential expert advice is sought when purchasing your commercial property insurance.

  • Insurance for differing commercial premises – shops, restaurants, factories, hotels etc
  • Tailored insurance products
  • Competitively priced
  • Option to combine residential and commercial properties

The S-Tech Difference

The S-Tech Difference

Investment in commercial property is a serious business – protecting your investment is equally serious and requires an insurance broker who understands your needs and knows what issues you may face. Whether you require cover for commercial, mixed use or unoccupied property our property experts are on hand to discuss your insurance needs. With more than 25 years’ experience in the Commercial Property Sector our dedicated team are perfectly placed to swiftly deliver your Commercial Property Insurance needs.

Property Owners Insurance in detail

We offer a range of policies with various levels of cover, including:

  • Property Insurance A wide definition of buildings that can extend to include common areas, landscaping, solar panels, wind turbines and domestic white goods. Numerous extensions included as standard and tailored to the property industries.
  • Business Interruption Cover for loss of rent following property damage, as well as for the cost of alternative accommodation for residential units within your portfolio. There is a variety of extensions to supplement core covers.
  • Property Owners Liability Protects your legal liabilities towards third parties e.g. slip, trip or fall whilst on property.
  • Engineering Damage This policy can provide cover to surrounding property if any machinery or plant causes damage. We can also offer specific policy enhancements, such as working or repair investigation costs, to ensure you're well insured.

If you are a property owner and you have a change of tenant or processes undertaken within the property you will need to inform your insurance provider. Failure to do this could invalidate any claim.

It is important to make your insurance provider aware if there will be any periods of unoccupancy to ensure the property is covered correctly whilst unoccupied. Again failure to inform your insurance provider could invalidate your insurance.


  • There is no legal requirement to do so, but any companies providing finance for you may have this as a condition of the finance.

  • Yes if your business owns the property and you operate from there. If you are solely a landlord then you will require property owners insurance. If you are the tenant you would not have an insurable interest and would not usually be able to insure the building unless you have been made responsible to do so under conditions of the lease.

  • Yes we can provide this service.

  • Yes this is no problem, our experts will understand your risk and advise on suitable products for your needs.

  • Yes, although the applicable excesses will vary from policy to policy. In some instances it is possible to increase your excess to obtain a premium discount.

Get in touch

Speak directly to our team
01223 324233
Send an enquiry Send an enquiry
Send an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
  • if applicable