We use cookies to give you the best experience and help us improve our website.

Find out more about how we use cookies.

Home Business Business Insurance Commercial Insurance Public and product liability insurance

Public and product liability insurance is there if you, or your business, interacts with the public in any way.

Accidents can happen and public and product liability insurance will protect you if a member of the public suffers injury or suffers damage to their property as a result of your activities or your defective products.


The S-Tech Difference

Public and product liability insurance can be a complex subject and it is not something that’s easily bought online. At S-Tech, our experts will work with you exploring the exposures you and your business have. With many years experience of liability insurance we are able to explain the benefits and give specific examples of why this cover is essential for your business.

Public and product liability insurance in detail

Primarily, public and product liability insurance provides cover for claims from third parties arising from a business or person’s activities. Examples of this may include:

  • Injury to third-party on business premises caused by negligence (e.g. spilled water not tidied up).
  • Faulty product causing damage or injury (e.g. product catches fire and causes damage).
  • Damage to property caused in normal course of business (e.g. builder drills hole through pipe).


  • They are very similar types of insurance. Product liability covers claims caused by an actual product e.g. a wheel falls off a bicycle due to a fault causing injury to the rider. Public liability is a lot wider and will cover negligence of a business or individual e.g. not cleaning up a spill, fixing a rip in a carpet.

  • No. Public liability insurance is often integral to many insurance packages and is not sold separately. However, there are many situations where public liability insurance will be sold on its own e.g. someone buying a strip of land.

  • This depends on your business activities. If you are a shoebox maker then you will need limited cover, whereas if you make landing gear for aircraft you would need a far higher level. Our experts will understand your business and your potential liabilities and provide an insurance solution to fit.

  • We do not provide certificates of insurance, but appreciate proof of insurance is required to fulfil certain contracts such as those issued by the government. We can provide “To whom it may concern” letters detailing your insurance cover.

  • Yes, we can arrange airside cover for you and your business.

Get in touch

Speak directly to our team
01223 324233
Make an enquiry Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
  • if applicable